Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hit:Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder

As I signed into my msn messenger a review for the 2010 Lamborghini spyder caught my eye. Before I go any further there are two things you need to know about me, 1. I love shoes(but what girl doesn't) and 2. I love sports cars! The sleek sexy exterior, the bright shiny colours, the fact that they can go from 0-100 in mere seconds, and best of all they seat only two people, so when you tell your mother that you can't pick up five of grandam's closest friends and bring them to her get together, nobody will take it personal.

The reviews boasts that, "The 2010 Gallardo Spyder's aluminum body shell is lighter and stiffer than before, boasting a dry weight of only 1,550 kilos -- 20 kg less than its predecessor. With 40 more horses than the previous Gallardo Spyder ... you do the math. Okay, okay. Lamborghini did it for us: the Spyder takes just 4.0 seconds to sprint from zero to 100 km/h; it reaches 200 km/h in only 13.1 seconds and tops out at 324 km/h.

Source

Can you imagine going 324km/h? The thrill and the rush of freedom that comes with such speeding potential is almost worth the $272,700 prize tag. I say almost because even if I had that much money I wouldn't be able to spend it on a vehicle and walk away with a clean concious. It must be the African in me, but I doubt I'd be able to shake the following thoughts: "Do you know how much malaria medication you could have paid for with that much money? You could have single handedly eradicted poverty and disease in a small village."

Thanks to my parents' brainwashing I would have to have an amount equal to Bill Gates' money, so that, for every 250,000-plus I spend on designer sports cars I'd be able to give the same amount to charity. Since the chances of that happening for me are very slim I will continue to drool over car reviews, and day dream about what it would be like to possess one of these glossy, majestic vehicles. If you are amongst the lucky few who can afford the Lambo Spyder, do me a favor and drive real slow(although you don't have to) so I may at least be in the presence of the magnificent piece of machinery for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment